Thursday, December 05, 2013

6 DAYS TIL TWISTED TWINS PRODUCTIONS' FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY ON DECEMBER 11TH!!!!

6 DAYS TIL TWISTED TWINS PRODUCTIONS' FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY ON DECEMBER 11TH!!!!


"Back in highschool, we did a little directing. We loved acting, but had already taken every single other acting class available, aside from their directing and screen writing class. Was it heavy in theory? Nah. We basically got to run an acting class and put on plays as final projects. That was by far our favorite part. I did an adaption of an excerpt from Stephen King's The Green Mile. I started it when Wild Bill gets brought in and I ended it on a low note when Del gets electrocuted with the dry sponge. I was especially proud of our electrocution effects. I had a strobe light, a smoke machine, off stage guttural moans, and electric sound effects. The result? Admittedly, some not so impressed parents. Mine, however, were beaming."
- Jen Soska

"The only reason why I am here today is because the people in the horror community have made it possible. When I was a little girl, I was at the fish market with my Grandfather. I decided in my little girl way that I was going to use my spending money to buy a fish for my cat. He told me to ask the fisherman myself. I went over, explained that I'd like to purchase a fish for my cat please and thank you. The man smiled and got me a fish - free of charge. I was shocked - that's not the way the world works. I went to my Grandfather to find out why that would happen and he told me something that I carry on today - 'If you treat people with kindness and respect, the whole world opens up for you.'"
- Sylvia Soska


-Sylv

No comments:

Post a Comment