Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'd Like To Introduce You To A Very Special Guy...


I usually just let the interview do my talking. This one I have to say a few things. I do not know one person who deals on any website, blog or podcast who has one negative thing to say about Thomas. We are all cheerleading for him to become major, he truly deserves it. He is the only other film geek on this planet who I can have hours of conversations about the most obscure films. Readers, if you have yet to meet Thomas he is the real deal. Check him out on facebook, and he is so for the fans, because he too is a fan. Enjoy.

-James DePaolo, the Wicked Channel



I've said it before and I will say it again - the horror community is made of up of the best people on the planet. However, that grand blanket statement doesn't seem to properly express this particular gentleman who not only made a fucking wicked flick - ITALIAN ZOMBIE MOVIE - but is also one of the most genuine, down to earth, and true lovers of horror independent filmmakers around.


I am speaking, of course, of Thomas Berdinski. And to make this interview even more perfect - it is conducted by our close friend and another horror aficionado who is too awesome for words, James DePaolo of the Wicked Channel and Cinema Head Cheese.

The entire interview is fucking awesome. If there is any justice in the world, this director is going to be huge. Nay, he will be huge because he is too talented, passionate, and intelligent not to succeed. After perving on the trailers for his films, I know that I gots to get me those DVDs. There is one particular Q & A in this piece that stood out particularly -

JD: What is your personal goal, dream?

TB: Hmm, to date one or both of the Soska twins… Right after that, I want to make a movie where I can say, “Yup, that turned out exactly how I wanted it to”. I don’t care if it never makes money or finds an audience. I just would like that personal satisfaction. I feel like I get closer with every movie I make, but I’ve a very long way to go to get there. I also want to write a book about my no-budget moviemaking experience someday: From writing the script to shooting it to marketing it afterward. I think I have some good stories to tell.

( Jen and Syl Soska, I will email you that one can we help the young man get this dream to happen..I am going to get beat up..and blamed -this was all his idea…though what a good set up)



*blush*

So that happened. Now, get your clicky finger a'ready and clickity click here to the whole interview piece.

There are a lot of shitty studio horror that gets shoved down audiences' throats week after week, so the importance of ambitious and creative people bringing fresh ideas to rejuvenate the genre is more important than ever. Please read up and check out the flicks, you would be making the horror world a better place for future generations if you do.

~Sylv

2 comments:

  1. Golly - Talk about blushing! You're too cool Sylv/Jen! Loved "Dead Hooker in a Trunk", love what you two have done for me and for the horror genre and I really hope to meet you both in person someday! THAT would be rad!

    Thomas Berdinski (aka il diretto of The Italian Zombie Movies - Parts 1 & 2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decent dreams...I approve. Because ya know, people can't have goals, unless I give them the okay. I giveth the permission to make movies interesting again.

    ReplyDelete